Friday, September 3, 2010

Part Two

Continuing from last post:
Jesus Culture wrecked my life (in a good way!) The conference was all about the presence of God. As Christians, if we do not have the presence of God we are just another one of the hundreds of religions that pollute the earth. What is the point of having church if Jesus doesn’t come? Jesus Culture is just that, to live a life (to have a culture) like Jesus. What did Jesus do? Signs and wonders and had communion with the Father all the time. What are we called to do? Sings and wonders and have communion with the Father all the time. Jesus is talking about His miracles when he says in the Bible in John 14:12, “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these…” We are called to do what Jesus did on the earth. For those who have read the Gospels you know that’s pretty crazy stuff!!! Anywho, before I start preaching =) I better move on.
At the conference they did this thing called “Treasure Hunts.” A Treasure Hunt is asking for words of knowledge from the Lord to lead you to a person to pray for. Words of knowledge could be, “beach ball, purple shirt, hurt knee” etc. etc. So if you happen to go to Wal-Mart down the beach ball row, see a guy limping because he is in a knee brace and he is wearing a purple shirt, then it’s pretty darn clear God wants you to pray for him! It is asking the Lord to speak and giving him the opportunity to use you to bless and love others, brining His kingdom and power wherever you go! Pretty much it is just teaching you to be open to the Holy Spirit’s move all the time no matter if you are shopping for groceries or getting your oil changed, you should be in tune to the Holy Spirit to see if He wants you to pray or minister to someone 24/7.
Now just because the night before I was set free from a bunch of lies and insecurities doesn’t mean I wasn’t totally freaked out by going on a treasure hunt! Haha I had to fight my very powerful desire to run away, but above that I just wanted more of God, I wanted to see Him work and especially wanted Him to use me. Long story short, I didn’t whiteness any miracles through me or my team, but I was left with this crazy hunger for EVERYTHING of God.
It was at that Jesus Culture in 2008 that I heard of Bethel church in Redding CA and the school of “Supernatural Ministry.” The school sounded like a bigger version of Jesus Culture, learning to walk in the presence of God, developing spiritual gifts, studying the life of Jesus and past revivalist, going on Treasure Hunts and other ministries. This school was a culture of Jesus. It was then when I heard about it a seed was planted in my heart. I wanted to go. I wanted to be a part of something that Jesus was so evidently a part of. But I couldn’t. I was in a serious relationship I wanted to get married, I was in college, I was leading youth, I had no money, and I couldn’t just drop everything and go to some Jesus school that is not even seminary. I couldn’t drop everything…so God just took it all away from me.
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment