Thursday, August 12, 2010

joyfully getting gray hairs

Four, yes four, days and counting people! I pack up my life and head west early Monday morning. I have not even started my year of Bible school and God has already tested my faith and shown Himself faithful by providing for me.
As some of you may know a week and a half before I DRIVE to CA my 96 Honda civic breaks down; the diagnosis, I need a new car! I had a week and half to buy a new car!! After my initial panic attack and quick growth a few gray hairs I was able to look through spiritual eyes and see: If this did not happen before I left, my car could have died on the way there with my whole life packed away in it in the middle of some desert driving to CA. Or it could have broken down after I got there when I was all by myself not knowing what to do! So it was such a blessing to have my car give out on me while I am still here which allowed my Dad to show me the ropes of buying a car.
Long story short God was so good is closing all the wrong doors and brining me to the car I now own, a Bright Baby Blue 2008 JEEP Patriot!! LOVE IT! I mean come on people, how awesome is that! I have always wanted a jeep and I almost bought a few wrong cars but God was so faithful and not allowing that to happen and teaching me to be joyful in every circumstance. I am pretty sure my mechanics think I am crazy! I was in good moods every time I would bring them a car I wanted to buy and they would tell me it was not good enough. I would just smile and say “I’ll bring another one soon.” I think they felt sorry for me so they didn’t even charge me for checking a few cars over for me. Ha. Just chock that up to another blessing from God saving me about $80 bucks each time.
Every time God shuts a door it is because there is something better out there. Even though I literally only had 5 days left, I had to learn to trust Jesus that He has everything in control and really does have the best plan for me, and now I have the perfect car! Now granted I have monthly payments I was not expecting, but hey, I am just waiting to see how God drops money in my lap this time.
I will wait on His timing and be joyful in uncertainty for the ONE thing I am sure of is His crazy love for me.
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment